Effects of Sleep Deprivation
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
Better Sleep, Nutrition, and Health, Including the Relationship of Vitamin D, B and Other Nutrients
The Importance of Circadian Rhythms: Why it matters when you eat and sleep
Exercises to improve airway and decrease snoring
You can try a combination of the following to improve the nasal airway:
- Breathing exercises- see videos below
- Use nasal sprays (natural ones such as Xlear are available)
- Use nose cones such as Mute or MaxAir to dilate nostrils
- Use nasal strips such as BreatheRight to open passages
- Tape mouth at night using paper tape or Myotape (only do this if you are able to breathe through your nose)
- Eliminate inflammatory foods
- Consider allergy treatments
Surgical procedures for nose and sinuses can also be helpful.
- Breath by James Nestor
- Close Your Mouth by Patrick Mckeown
The Relationship between Airway, Growth, and TMJ Issues
- JAWS: The Story of a Hidden Epidemic by Sandra Kahn and Paul R. Ehrlich
Myofunctional Issues and Oral Restrictions/Lip, Tongue, and Buccal Ties
- What are Orofacial Myofunctional Disorder (OMDs)?
- What is Myofunctional Therapy & Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders?
- The Breathe Institute
MRI of Speech and Swallowing
- Tongue Tied by Richard Baxter, DMD, MS